Repair the World Baltimore Advisory Council Mission:
The Repair the World Baltimore Advisory Council is a group of local 20’s and 30’s that aims to support the Repair the World Baltimore team through serving as thought partners in planning programming that is of interest to volunteers, as well as needed in the community by bringing diverse perspectives, and advocating for the organization, in order to grow the Repair the World Baltimore community.
Repair the World Baltimore Advisory Council Roles, and Responsibilities:
- The Repair the World Baltimore Advisory Council will meet quarterly (i.e. four times during the fiscal year, July 2017-June 2018. This year, the Council will meet in September 2017, December 2017, March 2018, and June 2018).
- Advisory Council members are encouraged to attend as many meetings as possible.
- The length of term for an Advisory Council member is one fiscal year (July-June), with the possibility of extension.
- Advisory Council members are expected to participate in 6-8 Repair the World Baltimore programs a year – this includes Annual Days of Service, VolunTeam sessions, and Advisory Council meetings.
- The Advisory Council will be separated into 3 committees based on the 2017-18 goals. Each Advisory Council member will choose one (or more) committee(s) to be a part of. The Advisory Council Committees are as follows:
- Outreach and Social Media Committee
- Tabling at community events
- Posting and sharing on social media
- One on ones
- Service Learning Committee
- Turn the Tables Shabbat Dinners
- Cocktails with a Conscience
- Educational components to programming
- Volunteering Committee
- Annual Days of Service, Repair the World national campaigns
- Monthly service opportunities
- Advisory Council members are expected to do one of the following:
- Plan a Repair the World Baltimore program with the RTW Program Associates (Josh and Diana), or host their own program – this includes Annual Days of Service and VolunTeam sessions (i.e. serving as a VolunTeam leader).
- Table at a community event where Repair the World Baltimore has a presence.
- Advisory Council members are encouraged to like/follow Repair the World Baltimore on all relevant social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. Council members are encouraged to like and/or share statuses, photos, and events, as well as tag Repair the World Baltimore in any relevant posts, as they feel comfortable.