The COVID-19 pandemic represents a particularly high risk for people who are already experiencing food and housing insecurity, as they are more likely to lack access to medical care and experience complications. For that reason, we require all volunteers to take extra precautions in preparing these meals. Please wash your hands and clean all surfaces before preparing the meals and volunteers should wear gloves and cloth masks while preparing the meals. To the maximum extent possible, please use sealed, pre-packaged products. If anyone in the household is exhibiting signs of illness, please do not participate at this time.
Breakfast bags should contain the following items inside a brown bag or a gallon sized Ziploc:
– Muffin: Can be homemade or store bought. Should be packaged in a plastic bag.
– Shelf-stable drink: Juice, milk, or water.
– Snack: Granola/cereal bar, single-serving cereal box, trail mix, etc.
– Fruit: Can be a piece of fruit, fruit cup, or applesauce.
Supply kits through JVC are available for pickup starting Monday, February 28 and include: muffin tins so you can bake, applesauce cups & spoons, shelf-stable orange juice bottles, muffin liners, Ziplocs to package the muffins, brown bags, and granola bars.
1. Decorate your bags or write a friendly note for the person receiving your breakfasts. Some appropriate and kind messaging could be “Enjoy your breakfast!” or “Have a great day!”
2. Fill your bags. Each bag should contain one muffin, one shelf-stable drink, one snack item, and one fruit item.
3. Label the outside of your bag with all contents of the breakfast. Be sure to note any common allergens.
4. Register below and drop off your breakfast bags on Monday, March 28th! Collection locations and times are in the form below.