Join JVC this September and Live with Purpose to make Soup Kits! An easy, fun, and meaningful project you can do with your family this High Holiday season. Help us ensure that families in Baltimore have a hot and hearty meal this fall and winter.
Who are we helping? Soup Kits will be donated to various organizations throughout the city that help families and individuals in need in Baltimore City. Recipients include Living Classrooms and other local organizations.
Jewish Values in Action:
- K’vod HaBriyot- Human Dignity
Supplies – to make 1 Soup Kit
- 1/2 Cup Green Split Peas
- 1/2 Cup Barley
- 1 Cup Red Beans
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup dried chopped/minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Powder
- Label with Instructions
- Label to decorate
- Pouch/Bag/Jar (contact JVC for specifics)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Using the above ingredients, scoop each amount into a jar or pouch.
- Decorate a blank label with well wishes (“Enjoy the soup!”).
- After sealing the bag, place a label with instructions on how to use the soup kit as well as the decorated label.
Learn more about the issue of hunger and food insecurity and use discussion questions with your family/group. Click here to see our resource guide!
If you are interested in buying supplies for this project or want more information, fill out the form below:
**All requests need a minimum of three business days to process and prepare materials for pick up.
Live with Purpose Sponsored By: