Assembly snack mixes to be distributed to clients of JVC’s partner organizations who may need an extra snack during the day. These include after school programs, shelters, and soup kitchens.
Who are we helping? Snack Mixes will be donated to Sarah’s Hope Mount Street, and Living Classrooms
Jewish Values in Action:
3-4 of the following snack mix ingredients (ratios recommended below are a guide- please be consistent with the amount you put in each package.)
- 1 Cup: Pretzels, kettle corn, Goldfish
- ½ Cup: Life Cereal/Oatmeal squares (plain cheerios not recommended because they become soggy)
- ¼ cup: Craisins/Raisins
- ¼ cup: Chocolate Chips/Yogurt Chips
- ¼ cup: Sunflower Seeds
- Bowls/trays for the ingredients
- Measuring cups or scoops
- Gloves if handling the food items directly
- Sandwich sized plastic bags
- Label or card to attach to the mix (JVC can provide a template)
- Set up assembly line.
- Place label on Ziploc bag.
- Fill bag with items above.
You can make these even more fun and interactive by making them in different shapes! Click here to see more.
Learn more about the issue of hunger and use discussion questions with your family/group! Click Here for more information!
To register for this project or for more information, fill out the below form:
- Supplies can be picked up at the Park Heights JCC, after coordination with staff. Once the project is done, you will also drop off at the Park Heights JCC. Alternate arrangements can be made as needed. Please give JVC staff up to 4 business days to complete your order.
If you’re interested in obtaining supplies for this project and supporting JVC’s Live With Purpose, see below.
Cost is a donation:
$18 for supplies for 10 Snack Mixes.
Your gift represents a charitable contribution
Live with Purpose sponsored by: