Join JVC to Live With Purpose by assembling kits with personal hygiene items to support individuals experiencing homelessness.
Who are we helping? Hygiene kits will be donated to Baltimore Station, Esperanza Center, and more.
Jewish Values in action:
- Chesed- kindness
- V’ahavta L’reacha Kamocha- loving your neighbor as yourself
- K’vod He-ahnee- respecting the poor
- Quart or gallon sized Ziploc bags
- Travel sized:
- Soap/Body Wash
- Label or card to attach to the kit (JVC can provide a template)
- Fill the Ziploc bag with one of each item.
- Add a label or card with a well wish for the recipient.
Did You know? Nationally, 8% of the homeless population are veterans.
Learn more about the issue of homelessness and use discussion questions with your family/group! CLICK HERE!
To register for this project or to learn more, fill out the below form:
- Supplies can be picked up at the Park Heights JCC, after coordination with staff. Once the project is done, you will also drop off at the Park Heights JCC. Alternate arrangements can be made as needed. Please give JVC staff up to 4 business days to complete your order.
If you’re interested in obtaining supplies for this project and supporting JVC’s Live With Purpose, see below.
Cost is a donation:
$18 for supplies for 10 Hygiene Kits.
Your gift represents a charitable contribution.