JVC is Living With Purpose by turning March Madness into…Casserole Madness! Help bring fresh, homemade meals to families living in need!
Who are we helping? Last year we collected close to 400 casseroles and we are hoping to make an even bigger impact this year. Recipients include a variety of local organizations that support families and individuals in need. Recipients include Harambe Center (formerly Kids Safe Zone), Living Classrooms, St. Francis Neighborhood Center, Sarah’s Hope Mount Street.
Jewish Values in action:
- Chesed- kindness
- V’ahavta L’reacha Kamocha- loving your neighbor as yourself
- K’vod He-ahnee- respecting the poor
- Disposable casserole tin (usually 12 x 10 inches)
- Ingredients for your favorite casserole dish
- Make your favorite casserole/meal in the casserole tin.
- Place a label on the cover of the casserole with an explanation of what you made and any key ingredients or common allergens.
- Freeze casseroles or make sure they are freshly delivered.
Did you know? Nearly half of Maryland’s hungry are working—people who don’t make enough to provide both healthy food and a safe home for their families.
Learn more about the issue of homelessness and hunger and use discussion questions with your family/group! Click Here for more information!
To be added to our Casserole Challenge e-mail list and be the first to be alerted to drop off times/location, please fill out this form: