Assemble snack mixes to support low income individuals experiencing hunger, homelessness, or isolation.
Who are we helping? Snack Mixes will be donated to Sarah’s Hope Mount Street, and Living Classrooms
Jewish Values in Action:
- Chesed- kindness
- V’ahavta L’reacha Kamocha- loving your neighbor as yourself
- K’vod He-ahnee- respecting the poor
3-4 of the following snack mix ingredients (ratios recommended below are a guide- please be consistent with the amount you put in each package.)
- 1 Cup: Pretzels, kettle corn, Goldfish
- ½ Cup: Life Cereal/Oatmeal squares (plain cheerios not recommended because they become soggy)
- ¼ cup: Craisins/Raisins
- ¼ cup: Chocolate Chips/Yogurt Chips
- ¼ cup: Sunflower Seeds
- Bowls/trays for the ingredients
- Measuring cups or scoops
- Gloves if handling the food items directly
- Sandwich sized plastic bags
- Label or card to attach to the mix (JVC can provide a template)
- Set up assembly line.
- Place label on Ziploc bag.
- Fill bag with items above.
Did you know? 42.2 million Americans, or 1 in 8, are food insecure.
Learn more about the issue of hunger and use discussion questions with your family/group! Stay tuned! Materials coming soon!
To register for this project or for more information, fill out the below form: