Join JVC to Live With Purpose by creating sandwiches and meals this month to support individuals experiencing hunger or homelessness.
Who are we helping? Meals will be donated to Weinberg Housing Resource Center.
Jewish Values in Action:
- Chesed- kindness
- V’ahavta L’reacha Kamocha- loving your neighbor as yourself
- K’vod He-ahnee- respecting the poor
- Paper Lunch Bags
- Crayons or markers
- Sandwich Materials:
- Filling: Meat, cheese, or peanut butter and jelly
- (please do not put mayonnaise or mustard on sandwich – include separate packets)
- One piece of fruit or fruit cup/apple sauce (No apples)
- One bag of chips/crackers
- One drink (Water bottle, juice box)
- Sandwich bags
- Plastic knives (for PB&J)
- Make sandwiches- place each sandwich into a Ziploc bag.
- Set up assembly line of items that go into lunch bags.
- Decorate the bags with crayons or markers. Consider supportive, friendly messages like “have a great day” and “enjoy your meal.”
- Fill the bags with the various items.
- Store the bags in the refrigerator or deliver them as soon as possible.
Did you know? The USDA defines food insecurity as “a lack of consistent access to enough food for an active, healthy life.”
Learn more about the issue of homelessness and hunger and use discussion questions with your family/group! Stay tuned! Materials coming soon!
Since sandwiches are perishable, please contact JVC before doing this project to arrange drop off or delivery.
Fill out this form for more information: