Enter the JVC Creative Greeting Card Contest for a chance to have your design featured on JVC’s community notecards!
The winning designs will be printed on note cards that will include the winner’s name and a brief bio on the back. The note cards will be available to the community for purchase and proceeds will support the work of Jewish Volunteer Connection, a program of The Associated whose mission is to engage volunteers to meet vital community needs and live with purpose through meaningful service.
To enter your artwork, create an original design that best depicts one of the following prompts:
- How can I make a difference in the world?
- What is the change I would like to see in the world?
- How does it feel to help?
Designs can be drawn free hand or created on the computer. Designs featuring photographs cannot be considered at this time.
Each winner will receive a gift card PLUS one set of 12 note cards and a framed print of their design.
Contest Rules & Parameters:
- All submissions due by midnight on Wednesday, May 15. One submission per person.
- Submissions with inappropriate language and/or subject material will be disqualified.
- No copyrighted images. Use of such images will be disqualified.
- Final designs will be chosen by a committee. At least four designs will be printed in a limited run on note cards and will be available to the public for purchase later this year. Winners’ designs will also be highlighted on JVC’s social media channels.
- Submissions should include a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art and/or what the theme means to you. The Artist Statement will be adapted to create a brief bio on the back of the note card if your design is selected.
- Competition Categories: Youth (13 and under) and Adult (14 and older)
- Your digital file must be a high-resolution image of no less than 300 dpi (the higher the better). Digital images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR original artwork can be mailed to Design Contest, c/o Jewish Volunteer Connection, 5708 Park Heights Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215.
- All submitted work must measure no larger than 8×11
To submit your design on line, CLICK HERE!