Blood Services Volunteer Scheduling Specialist needed at the American Red Cross! For over a century, the American Red Cross has worked to improve the quality of human life, to enhance self-reliance and concern for others, and to help people prevent, prepare for, and cope with emergencies. Founded in 1905, the Red Cross of the Chesapeake Region touches thousands of lives each year. In all they do, their mission remains to help prevent and relieve human suffering.
Volunteer will assist Biomedical Services Volunteer Management by providing scheduling support for blood drives. This may include;
• Maintaining blood drive schedule
• Communicate regularly, through phone and email, with volunteers to recruit for assignments
• Communicate any special circumstances or changes to assigned volunteers
• Receive and share feedback from volunteers regarding assignments
• Perform data entry to ensure accurate volunteer records
• Develop ongoing relationship with volunteer community
Commitment: Volunteer are asked to commit to about 4 hours per week for at least 1 year.
Location: American Red Cross
Restrictions: Volunteer must be at least 18 years old.
*Background Check Required.