Blood Services Transportation Specialist needed at the American Red Cross! For over a century, the American Red Cross has worked to improve the quality of human life, to enhance self-reliance and concern for others, and to help people prevent, prepare for, and cope with emergencies. Founded in 1905, the Red Cross of the Chesapeake Region touches thousands of lives each year. In all they do, their mission remains to help prevent and relieve human suffering.
Volunteers will transport collected blood and blood products throughout the area to various hospitals and to the Regional Facility in a safe and timely manner. This may include:
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or “stat” deliveries
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Commitment: Volunteers must commit to volunteering 2 times per month for 2-6 hours. During daytime, evening or overnight hours.
Location: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Baltimore County
Restrictions: Ability to lift, up to 45 lbs.
*Valid State driver’s license required – 3 years driving experience.
*Background Check Required