The Israel Education Community Garden
Volunteer at the inaugural planting of the Israel Education Garden at the Park Height’s JCC on Wednesday, June 3 at 5:30pm. The Israel Education Community Garden engages the local community in positive outdoor experiences, educating about Israel, and developing a connection to Ashkelon. Produce from the garden will be donated to those in need in the community. Whether you have a green thumb or not, you can still join the garden VolunTeam and help cultivate this new community initiative! To learn more or register for the planting, contact Leslie Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring your kids to Playdate Together on Sunday, May 17th from 10:30 – 11:30 am for a fun interactive, intergenerational program with nursing home residents at Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center. I hope that you can join us! RSVP to Caryn at email@example.com. Your participation makes a big difference!
Where- Levindale, 2434 W. Belvedere Avenue (21215)
When- Sunday 5/17, 10:30-11:30am
We continue to watch with concern as the events in Baltimore unfold. We know that many members of our community want to help and we are in close communication with our partners throughout Baltimore City to identify both needs and volunteer opportunities, recognizing the importance of working in partnership with existing faith-based and neighborhood-based organizations. We are also in ongoing communication with The Associated and our partners in the system to assess the security situation and to ensure that we are acting responsibly in any volunteer opportunity that we support.
Below you will find a list of current and immediate volunteer needs throughout the city.
- No Boundaries Coalition (http://www.noboundariescoalition.com/) a coalition of organizations, churches, and schools representing West Baltimore and striving to build a strong and unified community. The Coalition is sponsoring a community clean-up meeting at St Peter Claver Church at 1526 N Fremont beginning at 10:00 a.m. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own work gloves and cleaning supplies or to purchase them from a nearby hardware store that was damaged in last night’s violence.
- Donations of baby diapers, wipes and formula are needed for children and families in West Baltimore and will be distributed by Promise Heights due to the local drug stores and supermarkets being destroyed. Promise Heights is a partnership led by the University of MD, Baltimore School of Social Work that connects prenatal and continual care services for families and their children in the Upton/Druid Heights neighborhood. Promise Heights seeks to surround children and families with a holistic set of supports that enable them to succeed at home, in school, and in the community. Folks need baby diapers, wipes and formula since five drug stores and two supermarkets were destroyed. *Bins for these supplies will be at the lobbies of the Park Heights and Owings Mills Jewish Community Centers.
- Paul’s Place has an urgent need for volunteers to help with their hot lunch program and clothing bank today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday). If you can assist between 10 – 12:30pm on either day, please contact Jayna at (410) 625-0775 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Paul’s Place is located at 1118 Ward St.
- Provide games and activities to Baltimore youth while school is out, at 29th St. Community Center (300 E 29th street) 11am-7pm. Contact Sophia Doerr, Hannah Gardi at 248-245-9045, 443-902-2988.
- Metropolitan United Methodist Church at 1121 West Lanvale, Baltimore, 21217 needs juice boxes, snacks, and small water bottles. They are serving as a safe harbor for kids and providing a hot meal to kids who would normally get a meal at school. If you’re able to drop off supplies early this afternoon, please check our Facebook page for more information. Thanks!
- Bethel AME at 1300 Druid Hill Ave is heading up organizing volunteers for serving food at 15 churches throughout the area. Head there if you are looking to get involved.
This is a difficult moment in the life of Baltimore City. JVC and The Associated are committed to being part of the light of community spirit that continues to shine brightly amid the destruction and anger. We will continue to work with our partners in the short and long term to build a brighter future.
We will continue to update our Facebook Page with the latest community needs.
Next Date: TBD
Levindale Nursing Home (2434 W. Belvedere Ave, 21215)
Attention grandparents or peers who spend time with young (grand)children (ages 3 months – preschool)— Join us at a fun playdate with songs, books, crafts and more while visiting and interacting with seniors at the renovated and warm facilities of Levindale.
For more information, click here.
Volunteer Tutors needed at Cross Country Elementary Middle and Fallstaff Elementary Middle Schools. Tutors are asked to give one or more hours per week to assist struggling students in math, reading or writing.
Click Here for More Information